Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Reading

Oliver woke up and was in the best mood this morning.  It was so nice.  After school he was sort of in a sour mood, Mommy thinks he was bummed about something that happened at school.  Mommy tried to make him laugh.  It worked most of the time.  We spent the evening resting, reading, and doing homework.

He was finished with his homework before Mommy.

Reading his 20 minutes of Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Below is an email Mommy is going to print out
and keep forever.  She finally saw it at 10:00ish last night (so
no, she did not go to sleep by 10:00) but she went to 
sleep very proud and grateful.  Read it, it is from 
Oliver's teacher:   


Hi Meredith,

I just wanted to share with you how I've noticed how much Oliver's reading has been improving lately! I moved him up to a higher reading group a couple of weeks ago. Last week I had him take the STAR Reading test (a computerized test) and he has improved over two grade levels since August! WOW!!!  He also scored 3 100%s in a row on his recent AR quizzes, so he's now reading AR books that are level 3.0-3.9!! Go Oliver!! I'm very proud of him. I told him today that I was going to email you. He just grinned. 

Also, glad he brought in the trophy from Cub Scouts! The kids were very interested in that. YAY Mom! (I KNOW selling is 95% Mom's job!) 

Love your boy. He's awesome.

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment