Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chocolate Cake's Baby Shower

Mommy’s chocolate cake is very important to her and also to Oliver.  Mommy went to Amanda’s baby shower today.  Here are some pictures that capture Mommy’s wonderful friend:
 Glowing Mama
 Amanda and Hilary--Friends since Kindergarten
 Beautiful Baby Belly
 Party Favors- Music CD with great "life" songs
Mommy's favorite was These are the Days
 The food looked so pretty
 Yums
 And more yums
 Little Cupcake Dress
 Mommy, Amanda, and Jamie

 Hilary, Amanda, and Julie
 Girls
 Amanda and her Mommy
 Sweet baby boy and Amanda's good friend
 Measuring her belly for the guess how "big"
her belly is...
 Receiving her scrapbook of memories...

Guess who won the measure Amanda's belly contest?  
Mommy!!!


We were asked to write a memory of Amanda for a special scrapbook.  Here is what Mommy wrote to baby girl Landau:


You have a funny, smart, and beautiful mother.

Since your Mommy and I both turned 30 around the same time this year- here are 30 little special things about your Mommy ….


  1. She is the most positive person I know.  Lucky you baby girl.
  2. She is my chocolate cake. 
  3. Your Mommy really likes to eat chocolate.
  4. Your Mommy and I were addicted to chewing gum for awhile.
  5. Then we got in trouble for chewing too much gum.
  6. Your Mommy is very good with children- she has tons of patience.
  7. Her favorite color is green.
  8. Even though her favorite color is green- she gave me her green bracelet.  It is very special too me.
  9. Your Mommy is a good runner. 
  10. She is fun to exercise with at the YMCA.
  11. Your Mommy told me she was pregnant with you when we were exercising at the YMCA together.
  12.  Your Mommy has really pretty handwriting.
  13.  Your Mommy is very, very funny.
  14. She can make my tummy hurt from laughing so hard.
  15. Your Mommy is a wonderful singer.
  16. Your Mommy loves her Mommy.
  17. Your Mommy adores your Daddy.
  18.  She loves her kitty cats.
  19.  Your Mommy is really cute when she cries.  (Sorry Mommy.)
  20. Your Mommy loves to shop at Trader Joe’s.
  21. She is a very good cook.
  22. She is very good at organizing things.
  23. One day at recess I got stung by a bee- your Mommy came to my rescue and pulled the stinger out of my wrist. 
  24. She went to a Sara Barielles concert with me when she was pregnant with you.
  25. I knew what your name was before you were born.  And I actually kept it a secret.
  26. Your Mommy and Daddy’s wedding photos are beautiful.  Look at them often.
  27.  Your Mommy dropped her iphone into a toilet when she was pregnant with you.  I don’t know how she got it out.
  28. Your Mommy decorated your room beautifully.  She did a lot of research on baby nurseries before you were even in her belly.
  29. You are one lucky little girl!
  30. Your Mommy loves life and I know she is going to love you to the moon and back.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a beautiful blog post Mere!
    I am so lucky to have you as a chocolate cake ... can you imagine if we didn't have a psychic administrator who knew that we truly were meant to be in each other's lives?
    I love you :)

    ReplyDelete