Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reading with a Friend

Our New Book

My friend Amy and I have always had an ongoing “book study.” We share our books with each other and then talk about our favorite parts, ask each other questions, and talk about how certain parts might inspire us.

Our new book study book is, Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids. I read it at the beginning of April and it set me on a path to figuring out some major things. I am going to re-read it and make notes inside the book (like Amy- see her blog- http://thesunflowercozy.blogspot.com) and start applying some of the ideas into our home. This book is definitely a keeper.



A Book We Should Add...

While I am on the subject of books- I have a book to add to our booklist- Run Like A Mother: How to Get Moving- and Not Lose Your Family, Job, or Sanity. I saw a review of this book in one of my Fitness magazines. I am inspired to start reading it- especially with Amy. I had been running for about 4 years when Amy inspired me to sign up for my first race. I started training for it (Seattle ½ Marathon) and didn’t realize that by race day I would be pregnant with Oliver. That is one of my most memorable races! I was two months pregnant and had the most intense morning sickness on the way there- had to stop at the Everett rest stop. Good thing Washington state has such beautiful and clean rest stops! Then when I got there it was lightly snowing and freezing cold (the Seattle ½ is always at the end of November)- but I loved every minute of it! Running is the best and has helped me find my way and learn to stand on my own.

So, I am going to definitely start reading this book and see if there are new ideas that I can apply to my life with Oliver and with just learning to balance everyday life.




No comments:

Post a Comment