Friday, September 24, 2010

Our Home

Some of my friends who don't live around here have been asking for some more pictures of our home. I took some pictures this week of different things on our walls to share with you and also of the other part of our cute little kitchen. Tomorrow I will take you outside.

My Counted Cross Stitch Birds
The one in the middle is one I made and the rest
were made by my Grandma. We have crown moulding in most of the
house too. It adds a lot of simple beauty to each room.
My Tree poster in my room...I love looking at all the different trees.
I first saw this poster at my friends house in Arcata. I used to
just go sit in the room and look at the poster when I was waiting
for her to get ready. I'm glad I could track down one for me...I have
extras if anyone wants one.
My Fireplace Mantle. (The tile is kind of ugly, but I've
got some ideas to make the area prettier.) The frames need to be filled
but the beautiful jug with a tree on it is cool. My sisters each have one too.
Love them!
Sissies...
My other bookshelf, and my Grandparent's
wooden calendar on the wall. (Still missing some
wooden numbers...)
My Swiss Cow Bells. (Jess and Chad are going to bring
me home a cow bell every time they go to Switzerland.)
I love cow bells. (Especially when people ring them during races!)
A fuzzy picture of Patches and Ranger. Patches has
been gone for a little over a year now. I miss that
beautiful fluff ball.
The little nook in my kitchen. We've got our cork board
for important things and Oliver's artwork, the cow bells, and
another board for mementos. The table was Ali and Kelly's.
It is perfect for our little space.
Here is my favorite, favorite children's book ever.
Our table isn't as rugged as the one in the book, but it
is special. If you get a chance check this book out!



2 comments:

  1. Cute birdies! We have a lot of birdy things in our little home, too. Love, Amy & Sienna

    p.s. We would love another one of those tree posters for Mama's classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have another one of the tree posters, we would love one too. You are making such a beautiful home, Mama Mere.

    ReplyDelete